by Nancy Thiffault, EIP Student Services Coordinator
“This comforting recipe reminds me of my childhood. I used to help my mother prepare home-baked cookies and I loved eating the left-over dough!”
625 ml (2 cups) all-purpose flour
10 ml (2 teaspoons) baking powder
2,5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
2,5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) ground ginger
1 dash of salt
125 ml (1/2 cup) non salted softened butter
180 ml (3/4 cup) brown sugar
125 ml (1/2 cup) molasses
30 ml (2 tablespoons) milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350˚F). Place the oven grill in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and molasses until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and egg and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients, the milk and mix again with a wooden spoon.
- Use an ice-cream spoon to shape small balls (1/4 cup each). Place the balls on the baking sheet, leaving a bit of space between them.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet.