by Parujee Akarasewi (Mickey), EIP Alumni – Graduated Winter 2015
“Today I’m very happy to share my Thai food recipe with you. I’ve adapted and simplified it from the original version to make your Thai food cooking experience more fun and easy. This is one of the best-selling dishes in Thai restaurants all over the world but frankly you can do it yourself.”
6 – 7 peeled and cut (small circle of 0.5 cm.) fresh galangal
1 stick lemongrass
1 root of coriander
600 g. coconut milk
1400 g. hot water
100 g. fish sauce
100 g. lime juice
400 g. chicken breast strips
100 g. mushrooms
3 cut lemon leaves
4g small Thai chili
100 g. steamed or boiled carrots or other vegetables to your liking (e.g., broccoli, cauliflower)
- Boil water with the coconut milk.
- Add 7 slices of galangal and lemongrass and the root of coriander and let it boil. and then off the fire.
- Add chicken breast strips until they turn white, then steamed vegetables (you may use raw vegetables but it will take more time) and lemon leaves.
- Add mushrooms and red Thai chili (Asian chili) and adjust the taste with fish sauce and lime juice.
- Pour your Tom Ka Gai into a bowl and serve it with jasmine Thai rice.