Experience curling, a popular Canadian winter sport! We will take a school bus to get to the Rideau Curling Club but you will need to take an OC Transpo bus after the outing (several options on Slater Street and Somerset Street). Once we arrive on location two professional instructors will teach us how to play.
Date: Thursday, March 9, 2017
- 1:15 p.m.: Meet Nancy (Student Services Coordinator) and David (Teacher) on the ground floor of Hamelin Hall, 70 Laurier East.
- 1:30 p.m.: Departure from campus. We will take a school bus.
- 1:45 p.m.: Arrival at Rideau Curling Club.
- Put away your valuables in a locker. Change into sport clothes if needed.
- Wait for instructions
- 2:00 p.m.: Curling course starts
- 3:00 p.m.: Make teams and have fun!
- 4:00 p.m. at the latest: Departure from the Rideau Curling Club.
What to bring:
- Running shoes with clean soles. Street shoes that have been worn to the club are not permitted on the ice. Curling ice needs to remain very clean in order for the rocks to react appropriately.
- Wear flexible pants (track pants, yoga pants, sports pants, etc.), a warm long sleeved shirt and a light jacket or sweater over.
- A lock to keep your valuables (e.g. wallet, keys) in a locker.
- Bus pass for the bus after the outing.
- Money if you want to buy a snack or beverage.
- Your health insurance card.
Rideau Curling Club Rules: Something as tiny as a hair on the ice can ruin your shot, so keep the ice clean. A boot cleaner is located at the entrance, as are sticky pads. Please use both before stepping on the ice. The Club provides brooms for sweeping/sliding. Please return them in the condition you found them.