Join a guided tour of the Parliament to learn about the Canadian political system and get a glimpse of the astonishing architecture of the Centre Block building. Discover the Senate, the House of Commons and the library of Parliament with the help of a knowledgeable tour guide.
Date of outing: Tuesday, February 28, 2017
1:00 p.m.: Meet your TA in class.
1:10 p.m. at the latest: Departure from campus. You will walk to Parliament Hill.
1:30 p.m.: Arrival at the Parliament.
- Go through the security checkpoint outside.
- Go through a security screening inside.
- Leave your jacket at the cloakroom.
- Read the information in the waiting room.
1:35 p.m.: Start of the Tour
- It usually takes about 45 minutes to visit the Centre Block.
- We will also visit the Memorial Chamber and go up the Peace Tower to have a great view of the city. The souvenir shop will be the last stop.
- Take group picture in front of the Parliament.
- Take a look at the Famous Five monument.
3:30 p.m. at the latest: Departure from Parliament
What to bring:
Wear comfortable boots and dress according to the weather. We will walk to Parliament Hill.
Your health insurance information.
All visitors are required to go through the security scanning.
Large bags are not permitted in Centre Block. Visitors with bags larger than 14” X 12” X 7.5” will not be permitted to enter the building.
At minimum, visitors must wear casual dress.
Participating in any form of demonstration inside the buildings is prohibited, including wearing items or clothing with visible political messages.
For more information, please visit the Parliament of Canada website.