Join us for a guided tour of the Royal Canadian Mint’s headquarters to learn how coins are made. The Ottawa facility produces hand-crafted collector and commemorative coins, gold bullion coins, medals and medallions. This is where the master tooling is done to create the dies that strike coin designs for both circulation and commemorative issues.
Date of outing: Thursday, March 16, 2017
- 12:15 p.m.: Meet Nancy Thiffault (Student Services Coordinator) and David Pratt (Teacher) on the ground floor of Hamelin Hall, 70 Laurier East.
- 12:30 p.m.: Departure from campus. We will walk.
- 12:50 p.m.: Arrival at the Mint.
- 1:00 p.m.: Start of the 45 minute guided tour and visit of the Boutique (Group 1)
- 1:15 p.m. Start of the 45 minute guided tour and visit of the Boutique (Group 2)
- 2:15 p.m.: Departure.
What to bring:
- Your health insurance information.
- Money if you want to buy a souvenir.