Join us for a fun afternoon of skating! Before we skate on the Rideau Canal, we will have a practice round at the Rink of Dreams (next to City Hall), it is easier for beginners.
The Rideau Canal Skateway stretches over 7.8 kilometres from downtown Ottawa to Dows Lake. For more information, visit http://www.ncc-ccn.gc.ca/places-to-visit/rideau-canal-skateway
Date: Monday, February 27, 2017
- 2:30 p.m.: Meet Nancy (Student Services Coordinator) on the ground floor of Hamelin Hall, 70 Laurier East. We start walking towards the Canal.
- 2:40 p.m.: Arrival at the skate rental booth.
- Line up to get your skates.
- Wait for instructions.
- We will start at the Rink of Dreams and then we will skate on the Rideau Canal.
- Have fun skating.
- 4:30 p.m. at the latest.: Return your skates at the booth.
What to bring:
- Wear warm clothing and socks, you will be outside for about 2 hours.
- A backpack for your valuables.
- Money if you want to buy a snack or beverage.
- Your health insurance card.