Tubing is a fun winter activity that provides a good dose of adrenaline. Edelweiss offers 8 different tubing runs and a carpet lift. You can manage your level of excitement by choosing a mild run or a steeper, curvier slope that will increase your speed and have your tube spin.
Date of outing: Friday, February 24, 2017
- 12:15 p.m.: Meet Nancy (Student Services Coordinator) on the ground floor of Hamelin Hall, 70 Laurier East.
- 12:30 p.m.: Departure from campus. We will take a school bus to Edelweiss.
- 1:15 p.m.: Arrival at Edelweiss.
- Get your lift ticket.
- Walk over to the tube storage area and grab a tube.
- Make your way up and have fun tubing!
- 3:30 p.m.: Departure from Edelweiss.
- 4:15 p.m.: Arrival at uOttawa.
What to bring:
- Your hat, scarf, mittens or gloves, warm socks and winter boots to stay warm. Snow pants are highly recommended.
- Your health insurance information.
- To make the most of your outing you can also bring small snacks that can fit in your pockets and money for a hot chocolate break at the lodge.
Edelweiss tubing rules:
- Seated position required.
- One person per tube.
- Wait for trail to be completely clear before sliding.
- Evacuate the trail quickly at the bottom of the hill.
- Lift ticket is mandatory.
- Maximum of 4 people in a group or chain (tubes tied together).
- Bring the tube back to the storage area after using it.
- Respect the rules at all times.
- Lift ticket can be confiscated (taken away) if rules are not respected.