Join us to observe wild animals in beautiful Omega Park. You can expect to see deer (and feed them), buffalos, artic wolves, caribous, elks, alpine ibex and bears.
Date of outing: August 4, 2016
Place: Omega Park, Montebello, QC
- 11:40 a.m.: Meet David Pratt at the corner of Cumberland and University street (Roxborough bus).
- 11:45 a.m.: Departure from campus.
- 12:45 p.m.: Arrival at Omega Park
- Visit the Park House
- Bus tour of Omega Park
- Break to feed deer and try the
- 3:45 p.m.: Departure from Omega Park.
- 5:00 p.m.: Arrival on campus.
What to bring:
- A lunch.
- Carrots for the animals.
- Dress according to weather and wear comfortable shoes.
- Your camera or video camera.
- Your binoculars for a better observation of our animals (just a suggestion).
- Your health insurance card.
Omega Park rules
- During the 15km driving path, it is prohibited to exit the bus even to take pictures. You are only allowed to get out of the bus in the dedicated walking trail zones.
- Keep your windows half closed to avoid having the animals try to enter their heads into the vehicle. Do not feed the bisons.
- Toss the carrots for the little animals, the wild boars and the Alpine ibex, in order to prevent having them climbing on the bus.