Join us to observe wild animals in beautiful Omega Park. You can expect to see deer (and feed them), buffalos, artic wolves, caribous, elks, alpine ibex and bears.
Date of outing: August 22, 2019
Place: Omega Park, Montebello, QC
- 9:15 a.m.: Meet Nancy on the ground floor of Hamelin Hall (70 Laurier East).
- 9:30 a.m.: Departure from campus.
- 10:30 a.m.: Arrival at Omega Park
- Visit the Park House
- Bus tour of Omega Park
- Break to feed deer and see the wolves.
- Visit the farm.
- 2:30 p.m. at the latest: Departure from Omega Park.
- 3:30 p.m. at the latest: Arrival on campus.
What to bring:
- A lunch to eat on the bus.
- Carrots for the animals (you can also buy some at the Park House).
- Dress according to weather and wear comfortable shoes.
- Your camera or video camera.
Omega Park rules
- During the 15km driving path, it is prohibited to exit the bus even to take pictures. You are only allowed to get out of the bus in the dedicated walking trail zones.
- Keep your windows half closed to avoid having the animals try to enter their heads into the vehicle. Do not feed the bisons.
- Toss the carrots for the little animals, the wild boars and the Alpine ibex, in order to prevent having them climbing on the bus.