Join us for a thrilling urban splash adventure! It’s an introduction to rafting on the Ottawa River that starts at Britannia Beach and ends at Lemieux Island. You will have the opportunity to swim along the way, participate in fun challenges and learn about the city of Ottawa.
Date of outing: August 9, 2018
- 12:50 p.m.: Meet Nancy and Andrea on the ground floor of Hamelin Hall (70 Laurier East).
- 1:00 p.m.: Departure from campus.
- 1:30 p.m.:
- Arrival at the beach.
- Change clothes. Bring swimwear that dries quickly and sandals or river shoes. You will get wet!
- Get instructions and equipment (helmet, life vest and a paddle).
- Start the urban splash adventure!
- 4:15 p.m.: Arrival on campus
What to bring:
- Make sure that you eat lunch before the outing, you will not be able to eat once we start the rafting trip.
- Comfortable swimwear, sandals and a towel. Avoid running shoes and jeans! Think of bringing a second set of clothing to change clothes after the activity if you don’t have proper swimwear.
- It is a good idea to wear sunscreen and sunglasses. We will be outdoors for a few hours.
- Your health insurance information.