Join us for a thrilling urban splash adventure! It’s an introduction to rafting on the Ottawa River that starts at Britannia Beach and ends at Lemieux Island. You will have the opportunity to swim along the way, participate in fun challenges and learn about the city of Ottawa.
Date of outing: August 10, 2017
- 12:50 p.m.: Meet Robert Grant (outing guide) at the corner of Cumberland and University street.
- 1:00 p.m.: Departure from campus
- 1:30 p.m.:
- Arrival at the beach
- Change clothing. Bring swimwear that dries quickly and sandals or river shoes.
- Get instructions and equipment (helmet, life vest and a paddle)
- Start the rafting trip
- 5:15 p.m.: Arrival on campus
What to bring:
- Make sure that you eat lunch before the outing, you will not be able to eat once we start the rafting trip.
- Comfortable swimwear, waterproof sandals and a towel. Avoid running shoes and jeans! Think of bringing a second set of clothing to change clothes after the activity.
- It is a good idea to bring sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Your student card.
- Your health insurance card.